HomeEquityLoanNews.com Now Online!
New Site Launched!
A little bit of shameless self-promotion for this post. My partner [if you click make sure you have your sunglasses on ] and I have launched the first site of a series of narrow-niche information sites.
The business model is straightforward: become a source of current and relevant information on the topic of home equity loans. This news will largely be in the form of aggregated news from other sites.
Copy, paste, comment and link back to the original source.
Unlike this site, which has largely become a labor of love, Home Equity Loan News is pure business. Not that I don’t love it, but it has been born of commerce. The process goes something like this:
- Select a topic that is popular; that also has high paying keywords.
- Get a domain name with the keywords in it.
- Decide on the site style. In this case it is an info site with a news focus.
- Sign up for Adsense and affiliate programs.
- Design and layout a site to maximize click-through-rate.
- Load with content, especially focusing on getting the current headlines and relevant breaking stories.
- Promote the hell out of it.
- Cash checks.
- Once income is high enough, hire a student someone to aggregate stories.
- [Quit Job!]
This site [Smart Money Daily] has been a proof of concept for me, a beta test, if you will. One of the lessons learned is that very tight niches are the way to go. Why? When I first started, I thought that people don’t like to be narrow-cast: we just aren’t like that. But, I was wrong. Think of reading a magazine. If the same mag had cars, woman’s fashion, techno gadgets etc we’d get too frustrated trying to find the stuff we want. We may read mags on all those topics, but we’ll do it one at a time.
The more tightly focused the site is the more tightly focused the ads will be and therefore the greater chance that they are in alignment with what the reader is looking for. Of course the home equity loan business has some pretty steep competition so we’ll see how much success we can achieve playing with the big boys.
Check out Home Equity Loan News. Comments and feedback are welcome.