Take Action – And An Introduction
Getting Started – And an Introduction. I stumbled across this site this morning and was immediately drawn to the great name: Free From 9 to 5.
Now, having owned my own business, I think that the title shows a bit of naivety, [when I owned my previous business, friends would say, "You're so lucky to be able to set your own hours." I'd reply, "Yes, it's great. I can work whenever I want...as long as I work 14 hours a day!"] but the thought is great.
I really liked this post about how important it is just to take action. This has been true in my own experience too.
I now have a blog, some blogosphere relationships, a software idea and a software application (or close to one). It all started with just getting started:
- I started this blog in mid-March 2005.
- I met people (other bloggers) I wouldnâ€™t have known if I didnâ€™t start this blog.
- One of these bloggerâ€™s post gave me an idea.
- I coded a software app.
- Developing this app gave me ideas for TWO other related apps.
- I now have a fledgling software shop of my very own!
By no means is this supporting me or anywhere close to freeing me from my 9 to 5 job yet, but things are looking a great deal brighter now. And it all started with the mere act of starting a blog.
Good luck Eric…you can catch more of this story here.